Register

Audition Forums

Author Topic: Cannot install the Game. (I have to proof a special Data exists...) wth...  (Read 839 times)

Offline thedeee

• Hi! Let's be friends!
    • View Profile
Hey Guys and Girls.

I wanted to install Audition to another PC but the Installation cancels soon.
The Game has been on this pc but was removed from PC in past. Now I decided  to re-install and the Setup-Wizard told me I have to proof some special data exists in AppData\Roaming\LocalMachine\Redbana

But there isn't even a folder. (yee i know have to type the whole path. I did but the filegroup "Redbana" doesn't even exist...)

How to solve this problem, so i can reinstall Audition again?

Already tried:
- Start Installation as an Administrator
- Compatibilymode changed from Win 98 up to Win 8.2
- Also tried: A new User for the System.
- RegEdit repaired

Doesn't matter. Setup-Wizard asks me everytime again: "Does this Data exists?"

Some other Questions... could it be possible X-Trap has it's own folder and Install-Proceed?

Offline Badass

• Community Agent
  • Freelance Performer
  • Whatever sprinkles your doughnut 🍩
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Try these troubleshooting steps in order:

Download the latest direct download from Redbana Site

Internet Security settings:
-Right-click on the Audition Installer.zip file  where the file was originally downloaded and click 'properties'
-In Properties: Near the bottom next to 'Security', make sure you check 'unblock' in the file settings > apply > OK.

Extract/Unzip the file :
Right click on the Audition Installer again  > extract file > select a location (ex: Dekstop) > click new folder on top right> OK .
Go to the location where the unzipped folder is and try to run the installer again.

If the issue persists, try moving the unzipped folder to a different location on your computer and try to run the installer again.

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 08:28:05 AM by Badass »

Offline thedeee

• Hi! Let's be friends!
    • View Profile
Nice that works for me very fine. The Game is now installed and didn't had any problems again.
Maybe "next to the download" they should told other users to unblock the zip before using it.

I'm technically offin, but if you don't know you'll need to do it you won't do it...

Thank you!

Offline Badass

• Community Agent
  • Freelance Performer
  • Whatever sprinkles your doughnut 🍩
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Nice that works for me very fine. The Game is now installed and didn't had any problems again.
Maybe "next to the download" they should told other users to unblock the zip before using it.

I'm technically offin, but if you don't know you'll need to do it you won't do it...

Thank you!

Majority of the time you don’t have to unblock it in properties , but your defender program or internet security settings might’ve needed that specific exception before you could install it. Glad you got it to work!