Cuppycake | Send PM

Current Community Agents
    Leebyn | IGN: Leebyn | Send PM
    Rosilia | IGN: Rosilia | Send PM
    Sam | IGN: YUNGLEAN | Send PM
    Slinder | IGN: Sly | Send PM
    Sora | IGN: Sora | Send PM
    tr848 | IGN: tr848 | Send PM

There have been a ton of updates in the past month! Here's a summary of all current updates from the CAs and GMs.

Greenlight
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=297043839

Audition is now on Steam Greenlight!

If you're unfamiliar with Steam or Steam Greenlight, here's why it's important...
    Steam is a massive gaming community and store. If Audition was on Steam, it would be listed in their store (as free to play), and anyone could download it directly from them. Not only would this greatly expand our community (Steam has 75 million active users and recently reached a record 8 million concurrent users), but also it would give everyone the ability to download the game in a much more convenient way.
    To get Audition on Steam, it must be "greenlit" through their Greenlight program. Games are submitted, and the Steam community votes Yes or No if they would like to see the game on Steam. If Audition gets a sufficient amount of Yes votes, Steam will pick up Audition for their store.
    To vote on Steam Greenlight, you must have a Steam account, and you must have previously purchased a game from them.

At last check, Audition is over the 50% mark for the typical number of Yes votes needed to be greenlit.
    If you've purchased a game through Steam or you know anyone who has, please vote for Audition! Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell your mailman! We can do it!

http://bit.ly/audigreenlight

New In Game
    - Home Premium Mark. More info here.
    - Gifting has been enabled! For more info, check out the September 2014 Update Details thread.
    - The event server has been extended; it will be available until the maintenance on September 30, 2014. You must be level 21 or over to enter, and you will receive 50% more EXP from all games.
    - New music. 12 new songs were added last month. Also, Synthesize by Mr. Ozwald is back.
    - New items. New clothes as usual were added in addition to a new DJ booth, a new platform, a new guitar, and new accessories. A new Couple Shop outfit with new rings, licenses, and couple-exclusive accessories were added as well.
    - 688 new items were given the indefinite purchase option.

Recent Bug Fixes
    Sanctuary is a lot more interesting in Block Beat now (it has more than just spacebar notes), and Rescue is by Yuna, not Flux.

Known Issues
    - The Little Twin Stars couple license closes the game when you view it due to a "Missing Texture" error.
    - FAM Intro, FAM Short Intro, and Diary entries give error messages when saving text that has symbols other than letters, numbers, and spaces in them.
    If you find any bugs, please report them in the Bug Reports forum.

Indefinite Items
    - If an item does not have the indefinite option yet, you can request specific items in this thread.
    - The latest coalesced batch of items that everyone requested were added last month.

Forums
    They're still waiting for an update from vBulletin for the core forum software before making customizations.

Music
    - More new music is coming!
    - Thanks to CA Sam for finding and compiling all of the new music.

Website
    - Besides the obviously needed visual improvements to the Audition website, the latest update is that the site needs to be redone anyway to make it more secure. They're still working on it!
    - Audition maintenance announcements and events will be posted on the Redbana.com homepage again.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
    Have fun in Audition!
    Last edited by tr848; 09-04-2014, 02:31 AM.
    I'm no longer a community agent.

Update:

Originally posted by tr848 View Post
    Known Issues
    - X-Trap closes the game due to KERNEL32.dll. See this thread and this post for instructions on fixing the problem.
    This was fixed last night.

Comment

"If Audition gets a sufficient amount of Yes votes, Steam will pick up Audition for their store."

This is incorrect, just because it gets greenlit doesn't mean it will go into the store. Also, have you guys even discussed with the GM's if it's even possible to have Audition put into the steam store? I'm sure because of licensing issues it's impossible. You're basically saying that a sister company can give the yes to putting a game under a different license and platform, when it's already licensed by someone else. It's like a publisher publishing a game that's being published by another company while being published by another company while being owned by T3. It doesn't make sense. Just saying you guys are pushing this greenlight thing really hard when there's no real evidence to support that it's even going to work.

I mean, even elder scrolls had a hard time going from a non-steam game to being on a platform, I can't imagine Redbana being able to do it when they haven't even updated their website for like 3 years or even have an updated place to download their game...

This greenlight stuff seems so unrealistic and I really think the energy and effort should be put somewhere else.
      Last edited by HellQueen; 09-09-2014, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Dre's right.

Don't lie to the community and say that the only thing getting in the way of getting Audition on Steam are votes. I mean, last time I checked you cant even play audition on Steam because x-trap closes audi because of the Steam overlay. Also IIRC if audi gets greenlit bana cash would cease to exist, and I'm pretty sure T3 wouldn't like that.

Audition isn't even a good game in today's standards (1024x768 with no in game graphical settings and no VOIP just to name a couple). If WIA got a global release it would be more of a fit for steam IMO.
        4 bffeafepp

Comment

Well, first of all, I don't "lie" to the community. Thanks. That's what will happen. You don't even need a majority being Yes votes as long as there are a sufficient amount of them to get on Steam.

They can fix the overlay, they just need to update X-Trap. Why would Bana Cash cease to exist? That doesn't even make any sense.

The game would function exactly as it does now, just being in the Steam Store and being able to launch through Steam.

Redbana's product manager has discussed everything. Why would they pay the fee to submit a game that won't work?

Comment

I'm not sure why those two comments are viewing Steam Greenlight in a such a negative way, but as tr848 has stated, Redbana wouldn't be putting effort into this if there is going to be no outcome. Like you said, why would Redbana waste time with something so unrealistic and impossible? It would be a waste of resources and time.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sora View Post
              I'm not sure why those two comments are viewing Steam Greenlight in a such a negative way, but as tr848 has stated, Redbana wouldn't be putting effort into this if there is going to be no outcome. Like you said, why would Redbana waste time with something so unrealistic and impossible? It would be a waste of resources and time.

Implying that Redbana hasn't done things that would be a complete waste of time and resources...? Spending two weeks shutting forums down for a broken forum layout is a huge example right off the bat.

Just saying, it seems unlikely, they can hardly get their act together to fix their website, fix the forums, and fix the game, where's the time coming from to put an entire game onto a platform and update xtrap as you said, when they can't even find the time for more important issues like updating their 3 year old website, or fixing this forum layout that has been broken for months. You guys are feeding us this greenlight stuff when I'm pretty sure it's completely irrelevant. Did you guys even ask the community if they wanted this feature? We discussed it a little bit when I was a CA, but honestly it wasn't even discussed fully or why it was needed? When I pushed for greenlight I thought it was going to be an advertising ploy to get people to try out the game, not an actual viable "way to make Redbana better". Consider, if we had actually asked the community, that 99.99% of people would have rather had the token system back for example than have Audi be put in steam. Among other things that should have had the effort/time/money be put into, why are you putting it into greenlight? It probably won't even be greenlit, so what was the point? And even if it was Greenlit, why are you using those resources for that instead of the important issues that haven't been dealt with for like 5 years?

That's a huge reason I'm negative towards greenlight. Redbana once again putting all their already limited resources into stupid things that ultimately aren't going to help the game overall, not to mention it probably won't even be greenlit to begin with, as I've already stated how would it work? Why would AU get into steam and not SEA? Or LAU? or KAU? Why would steam ever allow a game with multiple servers and different features be on their platform. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm also disappointed with the CA's because they're just miming Redbana and defending them when they should be questioning this. If I was still a CA I would be pretty mad at this, why is the resources being put into trying to get a game into greenlight when they should be fixing their game for the ones currently playing first. You guys didn't even discuss it with the community either. When I pushed greenlight at first as a CA it was supposed to be an afterthought to when the game actually was fixed and Redbana got their act together, as a sort of way to advertise their game. Not to actually get into the platform, because it's probably unrealistic and impossible.

To sum up and TLDR; Why is Redbana using their limited resources to be Greenlit, when they haven't even fixed major issues towards their game? Why are they using their resources (because from what t8 said the Redbana product manager discussed it, so they DO HAVE RESOURCES) to get a game that isn't even fixed for their old players, greenlit? Since forever, we've always been defending Redbana saying "they have limited resources, they can't do this or this yet, poor Redbana can't afford to get this or this, they don't have developers to do this", now suddenly they have all these resources to update xtrap and put Audition onto a platform. Um????

I mean, I could even go further and say what was the point of trying to go greenlit when they probably won't even be able to keep the new players joining for various reasons that they should have addressed first before trying to get greenlit. Audition has a HUGE learning curve, probably one of the biggest I've ever seen in a game and there's no beginners server for new players to go to, they haven't updated their download for the game in forever, they haven't updated their website, they haven't fixed the token system, they have very limited ways to buy bana cash, they haven't fixed their forums yet etc; I could go on and on.
              Last edited by HellQueen; 09-10-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HellQueen View Post

Implying that Redbana hasn't done things that would be a complete waste of time and resources...? Spending two weeks shutting forums down for a broken forum layout is a huge example right off the bat.

Just saying, it seems unlikely, they can hardly get their act together to fix their website, fix the forums, and fix the game, where's the time coming from to put an entire game onto a platform and update xtrap as you said, when they can't even find the time for more important issues like updating their 3 year old website, or fixing this forum layout that has been broken for months. You guys are feeding us this greenlight stuff when I'm pretty sure it's completely irrelevant. Did you guys even ask the community if they wanted this feature? We discussed it a little bit when I was a CA, but honestly it wasn't even discussed fully or why it was needed? When I pushed for greenlight I thought it was going to be an advertising ploy to get people to try out the game, not an actual viable "way to make Redbana better". Consider, if we had actually asked the community, that 99.99% of people would have rather had the token system back for example than have Audi be put in steam. Among other things that should have had the effort/time/money be put into, why are you putting it into greenlight? It probably won't even be greenlit, so what was the point? And even if it was Greenlit, why are you using those resources for that instead of the important issues that haven't been dealt with for like 5 years?

That's a huge reason I'm negative towards greenlight. Redbana once again putting all their already limited resources into stupid things that ultimately aren't going to help the game overall, not to mention it probably won't even be greenlit to begin with, as I've already stated how would it work? Why would AU get into steam and not SEA? Or LAU? or KAU? Why would steam ever allow a game with multiple servers and different features be on their platform. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm also disappointed with the CA's because they're just miming Redbana and defending them when they should be questioning this. If I was still a CA I would be pretty mad at this, why is the resources being put into trying to get a game into greenlight when they should be fixing their game for the ones currently playing first. You guys didn't even discuss it with the community either. When I pushed greenlight at first as a CA it was supposed to be an afterthought to when the game actually was fixed and Redbana got their act together, as a sort of way to advertise their game. Not to actually get into the platform, because it's probably unrealistic and impossible.

To sum up and TLDR; Why is Redbana using their limited resources to be Greenlit, when they haven't even fixed major issues towards their game? Why are they using their resources (because from what t8 said the Redbana product manager discussed it, so they DO HAVE RESOURCES) to get a game that isn't even fixed for their old players, greenlit? Since forever, we've always been defending Redbana saying "they have limited resources, they can't do this or this yet, poor Redbana can't afford to get this or this, they don't have developers to do this", now suddenly they have all these resources to update xtrap and put Audition onto a platform. Um????

I mean, I could even go further and say what was the point of trying to go greenlit when they probably won't even be able to keep the new players joining for various reasons that they should have addressed first before trying to get greenlit. Audition has a HUGE learning curve, probably one of the biggest I've ever seen in a game and there's no beginners server for new players to go to, they haven't updated their download for the game in forever, they haven't updated their website, they haven't fixed the token system, they have very limited ways to buy bana cash, they haven't fixed their forums yet etc; I could go on and on.
                MapleStory America?
                Mabinogi America?
                Combat Arms America?

The lists goes on, and also Redbana is also considered as the "global server" of Auditions.

Affogato / Fakku / Level 23 / Active

Comment

Working...
                X