Late 10th Anniversary Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 10th Anniversary Event

September 2016 was my 10th anniversary for the game Audition Online. (on/off)
    I didn't start with NA audition.. but It's the place where I will celebrate it.

My event is simple.
    Tell me why you play audition, how long you've been playing it, and what makes you stay.

I don't really know anyone here, so I won't be bias with anyone.
    (I'm pretty sure some people will have the same answer)

Please post on the thread and do not pm me your reasons.

The response I pick will be the winner.

1st Place: 30k BC
    2nd Place: 10k BC
    Deadline: February 20th, 2017
    Last edited by ¤ωιcκεδ¤; 02-21-2017, 07:57 PM.
    IGN: BRO - Couple: SIS - SAYA
    Anneh is a little pervert~ <3
    DeviantART
    sigpic

Congratulations to the following winners!
    I'll be using GoCash Game cards for your prizes
    Please check your inbox! If I'm unable to get a hold of you here, then i'll pm your ingame names ^^

Honestly, there's a lot of great answers here. I'd love to give prizes to all of you.. but due to my hoboness, I'm unable to do so.

Due to the fact that GOcash is unable to do 25$.. I'll be bumping up 1st place to 30$ o.e;

1st place(30kBC)
    Adaa
    Originally posted by Adaa View Post
    Firstly, Happy 10th Anniversary!!

I've played Audition, on and off, since 2011, so I'd say I've been a part of the community for about 5-6 years now? But counting only the active days, probably more like 3-4 years? Lmao. I first started playing Audition when my cousins introduced me to this mesmerizing dancing/rhythm game. I tried it and took an interest in it. I must admit, Audi does get repetitive and boring at times, which is why I tend to be an on/off player from time to time. I know this may sound cheesy and repetitive, as other players have also reasoned, but I am being completely honesty when I say the biggest reason I stay on Audi is for my friends, and to make new friends. Throughout the years, I've met so many great people, some of whom I still keep in contact with, others whom I've taken the initiative to meet irl, and others, not so much of either. Though I've had many ups and downs throughout my online life on Audi, these people give me a reason to come back to it/stay. They helped me make a number of memories that I will never forget. Sometimes when I'm bored, feeling down, want to take a break from work, or just wanna hang with my online friends, I can just stand/play with them on Audi. Considering play time for each game/round takes up only a few minutes, Audi is a low maint game for me that I can turn to if I just wanted to chill for a couple of minutes. Of course, there are other (smaller) reasons that keep me staying with this community. Tournaments are always fun and exciting, bringing out the competitiveness out of me. I'm also trying to climb up the couple ranks with Couple Garden, so that keeps me occupied throughout the days. There are events here and there that I may just pop my head in. But most of all, I'm always willing to meet new people. I love making new friends (even though I'm quite the introvert). I keep telling myself I'm gonna quit, but here I am, still alive. LOL. Anyway, I didn't plan for this to turn to the size of an essay, but these are some of the reasons I play/stay on Audition.

Again, happy birthday, Audition!
    Thanks for the event!
    And gl to all the entrees!

Btw, you mentioned you didn't really know anyone here, so if you ever wanna play together/just chill online, feel free to hmu, even though I'm pretty inactive right now... lol. But I'll hop on occasionally, so just let me know!

2nd place (10kBC)
    dangbrendannnnn

Originally posted by dangbrendannnnn View Post
    Hi! My name is Brendan, my IGN is currently Rossini and I have currently been playing Audition for about 6 years, on and off as well. The reason why I still play isn't just because of the amazing dancing and music, It's because of the Redbana Audi community really is a pleasure to be with and people I can really call great friends kept in contact literally till the day we die. From 2011, I really did enjoy it, even if I was on and off for a bit some time. I still kept in contact with so many people that still play today. Honestly, everyone on this game is very diverse from around the world, and it makes me happy how I get to talk to them and really get to know people across the world. SBBOY and Beat Rush are my favorite modes on Audition of all time, they're extremely competitive and they're massive fun. Overall, throughout the years, Audition Redbana did serve a part of my life, and I want them to continue to grow as well as myself. The people in this game really are amazing an thank you for hosting this event to really get myself to open up like this.

​Thank you for hosting the event, means a bunch man.

​Play with me!: IGN: Rossini
    Last edited by ¤ωιcκεδ¤; 02-21-2017, 07:57 PM.
    IGN: BRO - Couple: SIS - SAYA
    Anneh is a little pervert~ <3
    DeviantART
    sigpic

Comment

I played it because it looked fun, played it from 08 - 2011, and I don't play the game because I grew the f uck up.
      Last edited by iRedrum; 02-11-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Answer to the all the questions: A hobo is the reason to everything since 2010-2011, but I started 2009. Bye.
        ѕιѕ вro
        ғαм: ѕαyα <3
        sigpic
        ƒσяєνєя ωιтн уσυ ιѕ ησт єησυgн
        ᴶᵁᴺᴬᴺᴺᴱᴴ

Comment

i play the game every so often when i feel nostalgic.. or when i'm sick of league toxicity and i have nothing to do

oh god this is just a reminder that i've been playing this game for basically 9 years now t_t and i still suk

when i don't actually play, i stay on to garden, it's basically a (bad) habit at this point

i

Comment

Well first off - Happy 10yr Anniversary to you .

Tell me why you play Audition: Honestly? Now why I play is a change of pace to unwind & decompress after working on projects, boredom is another reason & I liked playing these types of games before.

How long have you been playing it: I've played since Oct. 2007

What makes you stay: Nothing really makes me stay ... I come & go on occasion but after playing other games similar ... you ironically find yourself playing this again out of nostalgia...oh right boredom too! Oh also the occasional friend who asks to join them to play.

★ ign: CherBear | lvl: 5 | cpl: Milotic [Married♥] | team: Milotic ˇ MamaBear | fam: BearFamily (co-lead) ★
            sigpic
            ★...The world spins on dreamers like you...★
            061608 ˇ 100908 ˇ 121508 ♥ 041709 ˇ 042109
            ★ ˇ Art Thread ˇ ★

Comment

I play Audition simply because it is fun and provides me enjoyment. I recently started playing again in December 2016 because I came upon some YouTube videos of people playing and some new music that I liked and didn't know was in the game, so I wanted to redownload Audition after a break of almost two years to make some of my own chains, listen to some new songs, and play battle party (my absolute favorite mode).

I started playing Audition since around 2007 or 2008. I don't remember exactly when I started, but it was when Audition was still with Nexon, so it was some time before 2009, which is when Audition went under Redbana. Since then, I've been playing on and off.

Honestly, battle party, the enjoyment of playing the game, and sentimentality make me stay. I love playing battle party and crazy modes. I also played Audition growing up, and it was part of my childhood, so I naturally feel nostalgic and come back to it for whatever reason out of the blue, and this happened recently too where I don't know exactly why I suddenly returned to the game but just felt an urge to play Audition again and relive old memories.

Comment

Hey Jun. Happy 10th year (and a little more) anniversary to you. I hope you've been well.

I play Audition because I enjoy the game for what it is, simple design and all. The modes feel repetitive after a while, but it's fun nevertheless. I'm still not good at this game after all these years (LOL) but it's enjoyable! I also play to meet new people; the more the merrier.

I started Audition back in 2007/8; I can't exactly remember because it's been so long. I guess I'll also be celebrating my 10th year anniversary soon (although I had to take a few breaks due to school and work) .

I stay because it's been one hell of a ride. My reasons for staying are ultimately for the competition and friendships. It's hard to let go of the time invested into the game and the memories made. In addition, I like to see new (or returning) crowds try out Audition. I grew up with this game, so I'm staying.

I also have a few goals I'd like to complete before I leave.

(If you will, I'd like you to answer the same questions, Jun )
                Last edited by AudiAudi; 02-14-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Happy 10th Anniversary!

I play Audition because I find it fun meeting new people and sharing interests. Also because it is fun to play. The modes are quite boring at time but I would usually come back to the mode, if I played a different mode for a while, because I miss the mode.

I started Audition in 2007. I staryed with SEA and merged into Redbana. It was the best choice I've made.

I stay because I get to play with the new friends that I met online. I also stay because it is the only game my couple plays, so I play with him sometimes. The game gives me so much memories that I can not help but continue playing. I am not sure if I can even quit Audition, considering that I have made friends there and the memories that it gives me.

Hope to meet you online someday.

Comment

Tell me why you play audition, how long you've been playing it, and what makes you stay.

Hey love,

I just celebrated my 7th year back in October.
                    I've been here through it all and have only ever took one break to play league but I always return.
                    It used to be that friends would call me back, but when I came back this time I really didn't have anyone. I wanted to return to improve my game play and become competitive at normal mode and beat rush as I once was. I suppose now I am in my 20s I'm reliving a part of my childhood which I treasure dearly.
                    For me now, I'm staying because I've made friends (and enemies) along the way that will always stay in my heart.

I saw you guys in lobby the other day, I'm always checking through for oldies.

Nice to see some older folk back at tourney as well!
                    Aleigator 71 Oblivion; If I can't move Heaven, I'll raise hell.

Comment

Well heres my story.

When audition first launched, i was in elementary school, my older brother introduced me to it. It was really a thing back then in my country. Tbh we still have like 10+ full channels last time i checked, like 6-8months ago when i went back to my country. Me and my other 2 brothers had our own playstyle. I dont remember exactly about my older brother, but my younger brother was more into BU stuff, and i still am into playing 8k. C random was fun, they then release BR. Then i quit when c9 was released. We even used to have real life fam conflicts LMFAO. Silly good old time...

Well my friends, 2 years ago i guess?? told me Theres audition on steam, and the reason why im staying is to get my 8k 0 miss on 190bpm skills back.
                      Nothing else really interest me beside that.

And idk how long ive played audi for ://
                      Last edited by Pentacidal; 02-09-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentacidal View Post
                        Well heres my story.

When audition first launched, i was in elementary school, my older brother introduced me to it. It was really a thing back then in my country. Tbh we still have like 10+ full channels last time i checked, like 6-8months ago when i went back to my country. Me and my other 2 brothers had our own playstyle. I dont remember exactly about my older brother, but my younger brother was more into BU stuff, and i still am into playing 8k. C random was fun, they then release BR. Then i quit when c9 was released. We even used to have real life fam conflicts LMFAO. Silly good old time...

Well my friends, 2 years ago i guess?? told me Theres audition on steam, and the reason why im staying is to get my 8k 0 miss on 190bpm skills back.
                        Nothing else really interest me beside that.

And idk how long ive played audi for ://
                        0 Misses on 190 BPM??? WTFFFF????????????????????

Fixed
                        Last edited by iRedrum; 02-09-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Pentacidal
                          Pentacidal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          90bpm works too... I guess....

• iRedrum
                          iRedrum commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looool 190 I meant.

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Why I play Audition: I started Audi cause it was a game that my cousin had quit. Although there isn't a lot of update or anything different, I've met a lot of people on here. FB, Garden, Tournaments, I still have a great time playing BR... I play to be around the people that I've met.

Time: 4 years? I started when I was 12...

Why I stay: It gets boring at times but, I'm surrounded by people who I've met years ago and they give me a reason to stay on.

Hope we officially meet

JillsKunts

Comment

Happy 10th Anniversary

Why I play Audition: My sister started playing not too long ago after (Nexon) Audition launched and she
                          convinced me to play with her (I'm really easy to convince LOL). Not to mention, it reminded
                          me of DDR back then and I loved DDR, so I was like why not? Eventually, I played Audition for the community
                          and the friends that I made. The community back then was much more nice, lively
                          and social. I didn't like school, so it'd occasionally helped and distracted me from school. Now, I just... go on mostly
                          for garden LOL. I however, have reached my goal, so I don't go on as much. I also go on for my friends when they're active.

Time: Since 06/07 (On/off)

Why I stay: I sometimes have nothing better to do, so I go on to see if anyone's on or
                          if I can find something to do on there like play with friends, meeting strangers or
                          helping people with stories. Also ofc, there's the nostalgic factor that comes
                          with it as well. There are times when I had breaks or semi-quits from Audi, where
                          I'd tell myself I'm not coming back to it, but here I am LOL.

Thanks for the event.

Good luck to those that entered.
                          Last edited by xRenniexox; 02-10-2017, 12:49 AM.
                          the reason why we're in paradise together ♥

Comment

started playing back in 2009 played for around a year till the server i played closed
                            started redbana in may 2015 and im still playing since then
                            the reason i play audition is cus of the friends ive made here and cus i love to destroy ppl in expert and fam battles, that is also what makes me stay X'D

Comment

• Skillful
                              Skillful commented
                              Editing a comment
                              love to get destroyed you mean

• Dxnnis
                              Dxnnis commented
                              Editing a comment
                              was really fun to destroy u!
                              i bet clef had a blast too
                          Working...
                          X