question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

What happens when u red face someone during fm? I still see their score going up. same for team as well.

Sometimes the person doesnt get a score for the move and sometime it does..

Tutorials: https://tinyurl.com/yd3mm5zs | IGN: Jak

Comment

• lonelystar101
      lonelystar101 commented
      Editing a comment
      is that it? even if they clearly have a red face during the fm move, they can still get points? is it just luck then?

Can you maybe write a detailed explanation of this issue through a ticket to the support team? We'd be happy to help you out with your concern hehe

Comment

• lonelystar101
      lonelystar101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello. oh, this is not a concern, don't worry. it's just something i've been wondering about.

I dusted off this old forum account so I could explain game mechanics. I don't know why this bugged me so much, but here you go. This is also how I remember them (haven't been playing lately) but I can guarantee a 50% accuracy on the mechanics.

To explain, when playing in a Normal Mode match with at least one other player, the "Dance Battle" portion of Audition comes into play; whenever you succeed in performing a chain of Perfects, you will perform an Attack which is directed towards the opponents near you in score, whether they be above or below you in score. This Attack is indicated by a flashing orange "X" circle under a player. Should this player not be able to successfully perform a Perfect, they will be attacked, and they will not score any points. In the case of an FM (Finishing Move), they will score far less points than normal, which is the issue you were bringing up. A successful Attack is indicated by a red face appearing next to a player, along with a blue face appearing next to the player who triggered the attack. In accordance to attacks, the attack is triggered on every odd Perfect chain (e.g.; x1, x3, x5, etc.). Should the player succeed in performing a Perfect, they will Defend. A successful Defense is indicated by a yellow face; the attacker will also have a green face appear next to them. A Defense also lines in with Perfects in general; performing Perfects will have a blue circle appear under you. This is effectively a shield; as long as your next move is at least a Great (may be more lenient, not sure) and you are currently being attacked, you will still successfully defend the attack as if you had performed a Perfect.

To break it down;

- Performing a Perfect chain will trigger Attacks on your opponents, indicated by an orange "X" circle.
    - Failing to perform a Perfect when you are being attacked will either prevent you from gaining score from a move, or in the case of an FM, severely reduce your score gained from the FM. This is indicated by a red face appearing next to the attacked, with a blue face appearing next to the attacker.
    - Successfully performing a Perfect when you are being attacked will trigger a successful Defense, allowing you to gain score from your move during an Attack. This is indicated by a yellow face appearing next to the attacked, and a green face appearing next to the attacker.
    - Performing Perfects in general will cause blue circles to appear under you, which act as shields and will count as a successful Defense, even if you fail to perform a Perfect when you are being attacked.

Hopefully that explains everything as far as Normal Mode Attack/Defense mechanics go. These tweak and change depending on the mode, but the main premise stays the same; perform Perfect chains to attack other players and prevent them from gaining score from their moves, and to prevent yourself from being attacked so that you may gain score from your moves. Not sure why this bugged me so much, but I guess consider this as information from an oldbie who's played Audition on and off for years across multiple accounts.
    Last edited by IAAW; 12-06-2017, 07:35 AM.
    Security Status: WORTHLESS
    Download [Insert Fake Computer-Destroying Anti-Virus/Spyware Here] today!
    -
    *proceeds to feed the troll*

Comment

Originally posted by IAAW View Post
      In the case of an FM (Finishing Move), they will score far less points than normal, which is the issue you were bringing up.
      Ahh..this is what i thought! Thanks for clearing it up! and may i ask what bugs you?

Comment

• Noden
        Noden commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s not a bug, it’s a game mechanic, it’s supposed to be that way.

• lonelystar101
        lonelystar101 commented
        Editing a comment
        oh no, i wasnt referring to the game mechanic itself. something was bugging IAAW so i wanted to know if it was my question or the game mechanic.

Originally posted by lonelystar101 View Post

Ahh..this is what i thought! Thanks for clearing it up! and may i ask what bugs you?
      I was speaking in a metaphor. I meant that I couldn't ignore this thread without spending the time to explain game mechanics.
      Security Status: WORTHLESS
      Download [Insert Fake Computer-Destroying Anti-Virus/Spyware Here] today!
      -
      *proceeds to feed the troll*

Comment

• lonelystar101
        lonelystar101 commented
        Editing a comment
        ahh gotcha. thanks!
    Working...
    X