This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MasterPogi

I have seen that movie sequel of PMMM. I agree, it's 90% great. I have mixed feelings about the ending...

Yea don't worry, I did start with Sidonia's s1. I definitely prefer that season versus the second, for it was certainly more intense with the white-haired dude being a maggot in addition to all the deaths...(do we have to mention about Tsumugi's stupid-looking form?). The last two episodes from the s2 (8th and 9th) bored me to death, too much slice of life there . I hope that lady won't die, it was tragic enough with the other one. Speaking of mecha animes, man I thought fafner s2 would aire in June according to MAL, previously, but it's actually around October ): require more mecha animes

Slowly watching Ore Monogatari here, two episodes so far. Indeed, it's not as crazy funny as GSNK. It's alright, I will probably keep on watching a few more eps (if Persona Q doesn't take too much of my life). I bet this will be a triangular romance, I bet Takeo is interpreting everything wrong! (thank you as well Ceres for this rec)

Just finished watching Baccano! Dude I can't believe I have never seen this. IT'S A MASTERPIECE, definitely on list of fav animes that I could rewatch. Jazz soundtracks during fights, insane/twisted characters one after another, eccentric couple, awesome storyboard, immortal mafioso, how can one not be entertained!!!! God the arms over the rails...I don't think I have one particular favorite char but I surely rooted for the Martillo/Gandor families from the beginning. I recommend this also (for the lurkers in these wastelands) =P

I only recall of bananas and a microwave aside from that person's death in Steins;Gate...Worry not, I'll spend my summer rewatching/watching all of your recs. Thanks for that post ^

IGN: Prompto / dA:
    BulletXCarnage / Tumblr: xrammsteiner

Comment

• MasterPogi
      MasterPogi commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome brah! Update us on what you think about the shows when you finish.

• I loved Stein's Gate, Gurren Lagann, Anohana, Sword Art Online, and One Piece. I dropped Assassination Classroom, Clannad, Owari no Seraph, and Hunter x Hunter. Can someone recommend animes for me?

Does my signature match my avatar? <3

Comment

• Originally posted by cherrychesterzz View Post
      I loved Stein's Gate, Gurren Lagann, Anohana, Sword Art Online, and One Piece. I dropped Assassination Classroom, Clannad, Owari no Seraph, and Hunter x Hunter. Can someone recommend animes for me?
      If you like Steins;gate, watch:
      - ​Death Note
      - Gankutsuou = a bit slow, but it's a more thrilling anime IMO.

If you like Gurren Lagann, watch:
      - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure = It lives up to its title: it's weird as ****, but in a good way. Some people complain about the art style, but you get used to it very fast. JJBA has the same quirky and fun atmosphere with the same type of entertaining characters you see in Gurren Lagann. You just need to watch it
      - Kill la Kill = by the same creator. Has loads of ecchi, which I didn't like. But it has the same exact type of wackiness that Gurren Lagann has
      - **FLCL = haven't seen this, but I've heard it has over-the-top wacky themes going on it. And it's also a mecha anime like Gurren Lagann.

If you like One Piece, watch:
      - Naruto = you've probably heard and watched this already, but it's the only thing I can think of that's very similar to One Piece. I would've recommended HxH, but you said you dropped it.
      - **Fairy Tail = haven't seen much of this, but the fantasy setting is virtually the same as One Piece's
      - Magi = magic-heavy fantasy series. i enjoyed it a lot. i can't say much about it since it's been ages since I watched it
      - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood = medieval fantasy series that revolves around alchemy.

If you like Anohana, watch:
      - **Toradora = haven't seen this myself, but from my impressions of it it's relatively similar to Anohana. It's more comedy-oriented though I believe
      - Angel Beats = more comedy-oriented (has some good jokes that lots of anime lack). was pretty angsty towards the end for me

If you like SAO, watch:
      - Accel World = by the same creator SAO. Basically a mecha version of SAO, but I enjoyed this x1000. Love this show
      - Log Horizon = same virtual reality thing going on here. this is way better than SAO imo. I watched about half the first season. It has a more solid plot, but not a lot of action scenes
      - NGNL = basically an otaku version of Death Note. Was a cute series. Watched about half before I stopped. Same virtual reality thing going on.
      - Mirai Nikki = watch this PLEASE. It's one of my favorites. Not an online fantasy like the three above, but it has virtual-reality nuances tied into it. And plus it's amazing as hell. I marathoned it in about a day

and my own recs that aren't necessarily similar to your favs:
      Fate/Zero series = magical battle royale with lots of intricate mechanics. Amazing characters, amazing battles, amazing everything.
      Deadman Wonderland = Mirai Nikki's brother. this **** is insane and I love it for that. Lots of blood in here
      Gekkan Shoujo, Kimi to Boku = best anime comedies I've encountered
      Higurashi (When They Cry) = murder-mystery thriller. first season had me on the edge of my seat, second season had my face at the end of the desk. Second seaosn bored the hell out of me, but ironically people love it the most out of the series. So nonetheless, I recommend it to you. If you have a sensitive stomach, then I wouldn't recommend watching this.

and for anime this season: i'd recommend Cooking Soma if you haven't watched that already
      Last edited by Makoto; 06-13-2015, 08:45 AM.
      [3:45:57 AM] Leo: i love bein breast fed at this age

Comment

• +1 for Makoto's recommendations. To add to that post,
        Magi: You shouldn't drop this before finishing at least 7 episodes (Sinbad's entrance!). What you will enjoy from this anime: unusual arabic setting, hot themes (slavery, poverty, corruption, inequality, death, politics, war...), decent and colorful art, nice character design (so many chars are my favs, all funny and badass at times), good comedy, enough combat depth. The season 2 is most definitely the best.
        Fairy Tail: shares most of those points^ in addition to the epic soundtracks.
        FMA: This is a masterpiece (mostly for the story), you won't find anything else that similar.

For the animes similar to SAO, I also recommend
        Btooom!: This one is more of a survival anime comparatively to the typical MMO's animes. It's more bloody, thrilling, mature, got psycho chars, betrayers and so forth. <highly recommended
        Dungeon ni Deai: This is probably one of the closest to SAO. There is romance, comedy, guilds/families, a focus on running dungeons and leveling...I am actually enjoying this more than SAO despite it being cliché.

IGN: Prompto / dA:
        BulletXCarnage / Tumblr: xrammsteiner

Comment

• Originally posted by cherrychesterzz View Post
          I loved Stein's Gate, Gurren Lagann, Anohana, Sword Art Online, and One Piece. I dropped Assassination Classroom, Clannad, Owari no Seraph, and Hunter x Hunter. Can someone recommend animes for me?
          "Danmachi" lol, aka Is It "Wrong To Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" Kirito and Asuna's voice actors are in it. Accel world is from the same author of SAO so that could work too, although I honestly dropped that crap lol. Log Horizon is alright too, but it can get boring sometimes. Worth a try though. NGNL is also worth a try even though the only similarity it has with SAO is that it's in a game world.

If you liked Steins, my recoms still stand. Watch Shinsekai and Madoka. All of these have great, thrilling plot.

If you liked Gurren Lagann, you might like Kill la Kill, made by the same studio. Eureka Seven could work too. Less crazy but the character progression that the main character goes through is sort of similar - boy turns to man. For a more depressing looking show, try Neon Genesis Evangelion. Not nearly as comedic as gurren but it has robots and a whiny main character. It's kind of old though so bear that in mind.

If you liked Anohana but dropped Clannad, you could try Angel Beats. Toradora is more of a dramatic rom com but that's a nice show too.

If you liked One Piece, try FMA or FMA:B (either one tbh, or both). There's also Naruto and Bleach. They're all part of the big three lol. There's also Fairy Tail and Soul Eater although I haven't seen either one. You could also go old school and watch Yu Yu Hakusho. Pretty good for an old anime. Nanatsu no Taizai is also a nice shounen, but it only has one season out so far and season two is not yet out.

I'm just gonna leave my myanimelist profile here. You guys can check out what shows I thought were good. I consider 8-10 as good. 7 is for average or "it's ok"
          http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sir...show=0&order=4
          Last edited by MasterPogi; 06-14-2015, 07:21 PM.
          Need new anime to watch? Check out my MAL. http://tinyurl.com/q7al3gb

Comment

• testing signature. man this thing is terrible i could write more on a twitter post than in that stupid signature field.

Comment

• CHEESE IN THE TRAP!! Korean Webtoon/Comic/Manhwa/Manga
              Join OTAKU || Ign: Asami-chii

Comment

• Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is a must watch.

Comment

• anyone got any good slice of life or music or detective anime?
                  im going through heartbreak so romance is a no no for me, but a little is ok, but more focus on other stuff is better.
                  ones i currently watching and watched already:
                  kindaichi case files
                  azumanga daoih
                  your lie in april
                  kids on a slope
                  usagi drop
                  barakamon
                  ai****eruzu baby

pls pls plssss recommend anything i want to watch my days away so i dont think of stupid things

Comment

• Originally posted by Guacamole View Post
                    anyone got any good slice of life or music or detective anime?
                    im going through heartbreak so romance is a no no for me, but a little is ok, but more focus on other stuff is better.
                    kindaichi case files
                    azumanga daoih
                    your lie in april
                    kids on a slope
                    usagi drop
                    barakamon
                    ai****eruzu baby

pls pls plssss recommend anything i want to watch my days away so i dont think of stupid things

I recommend you to watch Nana, its very realistic and really good music.

Comment

• Anyone read Prison School? It's a funny ecchi manga good for casual reading.

Another manga I highly recommend is Shokugeki no Soma. It has a good story, characters and it makes you hungry
                      IGN: whatamelon

Comment

• Originally posted by Guacamole View Post
                        anyone got any good slice of life or music or detective anime?
                        kindaichi case files
                        azumanga daoih
                        your lie in april
                        kids on a slope
                        usagi drop
                        barakamon
                        ai****eruzu baby

Hyouka is one of the best slice of life mystery detective anime I have ever seen, so go check that out.

Don't know much music anime. Sound Euphonium maybe? It's also slice of life. Never seen it before though, but the studio is known for amazing animation quality.

Comment

• Can anyone recommend me a good suspense/thriller manga? Some examples that I read and really like are cage of eden, 20th century boys, monster, ERASED (boku dake ga inai machi).
                          IGN: whatamelon

Comment

• Makoto
                            Makoto commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Gantz , 7 Seeds

• whatamelon
                            whatamelon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            thanks im liking 7 seeds alreadt
                        Working...
                        X