X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Increase FPS in Windows 8

Hi, how can i increase my FPS in audition?

#SuperLover

Originally posted by SuperLover View Post

#SuperLover
    you need to have a graphics card and set it to performance instead of quality, and makes sure you're in full screen. However, if you have AMD, your fps will always be capped at 60 ish.
    | Predator ♡ Prey {☂} Pod ♡ Seed | {quit}

Predator Zone | Live Stream | Deviant Art

Comment

if you have windows 8, it doesn't matter how good your computer is, you will get capped at 15 fps

you need to do a full restart of your computer, hitting the power button or clicking the option for shutting down isn't good enough since windows 8 is a terrible os

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyCake View Post
        if you have windows 8, it doesn't matter how good your computer is, you will get capped at 15 fps

you need to do a full restart of your computer, hitting the power button or clicking the option for shutting down isn't good enough since windows 8 is a terrible os
        ... I'm capped at 60 cuz of my graphics card
        | Predator ♡ Prey {☂} Pod ♡ Seed | {quit}

Predator Zone | Live Stream | Deviant Art

Comment

@OP, the details would depend on what computer you have, specifically graphics, but in general, turn off vertical sync if you can ^^

From what I've seen, Audition generally performs better in Windows 7 than Windows 8.

(Btw the AMD issue being stuck at 60 for switchable graphics and APU graphics would happen in Windows 7 as well because the drivers are customized, I don't think that's specifically a Windows 8 issue.)

Comment

When I had windows 8 my frames were at 60 but they keeped spiking, that's why I changed back. I wasn't able to do anything to fix it.

Comment

i have tried turn off Vertical Sync it adds a little bit of FPS.
              sigpic

Comment

Lower your graphic settings. Prioritize performance over eye candy.
                Do the usual stuff of closing all other programs and background processes. Close those browsers and chats. Use Gamebooster if you have to.
                If you have a good amount of RAM (at least 6 GB+) you can use RAMdisk for Audi.
                Defrag your hard drive often.
                Make sure you don't have adware, spyware, viruses, etc. slowing your comp down. Scan your computer.

Off-topic: I have integrated Intel graphics and Win8 gives me capped frames and I hate it.

#Yo~

Comment

Originally posted by Yo~ View Post
                  Do the usual stuff of closing all other programs and background processes. Close those browsers and chats. Use Gamebooster if you have to.
                  Make sure you don't have adware, spyware, viruses, etc. slowing your comp down. Scan your computer.

Off-topic: I have integrated Intel graphics and Win8 gives me capped frames and I hate it.

#Yo~
                  ^ good general suggestions

And just to clarify, I'm pretty sure frames will be capped @ refresh rate for anyone who uses Intel graphics because their driver/control panel doesn't allow you to turn vsync off. Again it's not a Windows 8 specific issue, it's just always been like that. Intel article.
                  But correct me if I'm wrong.

I tried a copy of Windows 8 and I lose ~60 frames/second going from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I don't know if it has to do with aero or something about single threaded processes or something about full screen compatibility but it's odd for sure.

Comment

The lesson learnt here is:

Don't jump onboard new windows operating systems~
                    Should stick with 7 until probably service pack 1, and depending on how that goes then maybe switch.
                    ~*Eternal are the Phoenix*~
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLover View Post

#SuperLover
                      The only way to increase your frames are:
                      1) change your screen's refresh rate (I have the option of changing it from 60 to 75)
                      2) turn off V-sync (There should quite a lot of threads about turning it off if you have nvidia or AMD graphics cards and they all follow the same format if you're windows 8 or 7)
                      3) Getting 15-45 or even 50 ish <--- this can be because of your processor, insufficient amount of ram or because you have integrated graphics. (I had a laptop with intel integrated graphics, 5-6 people rooms dropped me from 60 to 30 frames QQ)
                      4) getting less than 15-30? you have an archaic machine get a new one (joking ~_^).

Originally posted by KirbyCake View Post

You will not, I repeat, you will not get capped at 15. If that happened to you then wow.. thats very unfortunate. Some people MAY get capped if they don't have the right specs but seeing that most computers already have the required specs to play the game of courseeee blame it on windows 8. HOWEVER, there are driver updates for video cards, and other things that can fix that 15 cap o_o... it's odd that that would happen.

Originally posted by Yo~ View Post

#Yo~
                      ^ Great way to reduce a lot of problem that are along the lines of space lag or in some cases: "MY KEYS AREN'T REGISTERING." Also, great way to up the fps a little bit... (unless you have many many viruses and getting rid of them got you from 15 to a whopping 60)

My opinion: Lots of things can be blamed for windows 8 because of the excuse that it's new. Many people hate changes but that how the world works. You are entitled to your opinions but don't give other people that thought that they regretted something they received as a gift or bought with their hard-earned money.

I have windows 8 and I love it. It offers a clean look. Don't care if it's more for tablets. I'm getting 140-160 frames on Audition (100 on graphic eating games).

Oh yeah, Space can be a big factor in playing a game. But I may be wrong.

(correct me if I'm wrong in anything)

Comment

You do nothing =D .
                        Just kidding.

@What Mikado said is perfectly fine.(:
                        PandaBear

Comment

Originally posted by Mikado View Post
                          My opinion: Lots of things can be blamed for windows 8 because of the excuse that it's new. Many people hate changes but that how the world works. You are entitled to your opinions but don't give other people that thought that they regretted something they received as a gift or bought with their hard-earned money.

I have windows 8 and I love it. It offers a clean look. Don't care if it's more for tablets. I'm getting 140-160 frames on Audition (100 on graphic eating games).

Oh yeah, Space can be a big factor in playing a game. But I may be wrong.

(correct me if I'm wrong in anything)
                          I wanted to use Windows 8 in my new build because of all the improvements in the operating system. (My opinion: I actually hate hate hate hate how it looks and there wasn't an easy way to change it to look like how I want lol.) But Windows 8 has improved SSD support, new drivers, faster boot, and better multimonitor support which I do like! I actually didn't have to manually install any drivers, even my wireless adapter was autodetected and whatnot, very impressive.

The two things that stopped me were:
                          1. I couldn't find a way to stream Audition in full screen. The screen capture method in obs/ffsplit doesn't work with Aero on (you can't disable Aero in Windows 8) and Audition doesn't show as a "window" so you can't use window/game capture methods either?

2. I gained about 50 frames/sec switching back to Windows 7. (going from 150ish max in Windows 8 to 200 max in Windows 7. Not sure why this is, maybe Windows 8 optimizes multithreaded stuff? Audition is single threaded I think, but I'm not 100% sure. Could also have to do with graphics? I tried a lot of things, maybe you can give some guidance. o:

Comment

Working...
                          X