Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yoo not sure if it was mentioned before (most likely not cuz this is super new) but tray tools brings up xtrap thru steam launcher right now (or at least when u try to do so, it doesnt let u go farther than the log in screen)

is this the case for everybody else? if so then maybe the old launcher is more convenient atm

Comment

Mines goes beyond it, but Steam disables it so I end up not going past 60 frames. I'm just gonna play using the old launcher for now.
      Thanks to Aria~ for the great Siggy
      sigpic

Comment

At the very least, you'll probably need to add the Steam install location as another profile to Tray Tools and go from there. It's very possible that it triggers another X-Trap error, I'll update when I find out more.

Leebyn Greentlover
        FB | Twitch | Tournament log | PM me about anything ^^ | Not a CA, Council is on hold.

Comment

• ronnysmith
          ronnysmith commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll try that.

Does it work with windows 10?

Boruto | 57 | Ghouls

Comment

• Meigo
          Meigo commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought everyone uses single threaded but well, I guess not.

• Boruto
          Boruto commented
          Editing a comment
          Leebyn yes i updated from win7, i clean installed wins10. uncapped fps isnt high on wins10 than on wins7, i get 90-100 in full and single 170 while on wins7 i get 130 in full and single 180. but tray tools still works for wins10, im not experiencing any errors or xtraps.
          Last edited by Boruto; 09-05-2015, 12:02 AM.

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Boruto
          Yeah, Marcos figured out that you need full admin privileges to install/run Tray Tools even if you have an administrator account (?) So it should be working alright for everyone. I'll update the thread as well.

Your framerate numbers sound just about right. Thanks for the confirmation!

@ Meigo Yup, all the official Audition versions use single threads.

Does someone still have problems with ATT + Window 8/8.1?
        The problem was either Audition didnt start/load when ATT was running or ATT settings didnt apply or seem to work (still locked at 60 FPS or refresh rate).

I recently had to troubleshoot someones PC and found a (hopefully) working solution. It consists of installing the low level driver ATT, disabling "Driver Signature Enforcement" (DSE) in order for it to work and starting ATT with right click -> Run as Admin.

Strangely using the "Always run as an admin" tickbox doesn't seem to work at all. But rightclick - run as admin made a difference...
        Last edited by haifrosch; 01-14-2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Hi, it's Matt here.
          The thing is I updated to Windows 10, all my video drivers are correctly installed and updated, disabled UAC correctly, installed under admin privilege, running ATT with admin privilege and Windows xp sp 2 and 3 compatibility mode neither worked, tried with compatibility on Windows 7 and without but i always get a BSOD with "Thread stuck in device driver". Tried also disabling overclocking on a reinstall of ATT but it still doesn't work, and yes i installed the libraries needed.
          Sys specs:
          AMD 8320E cpu
          AMD R9 270X Dual-X by Sapphire

Comment

• Leebyn
            Leebyn commented
            Editing a comment
            Heya Matt!
            Does this happen with all games or just Audition + Tray Tools?
            I haven't run into this one yet, but "Thread stuck in device driver" shows up as a general driver issue on google results, without any consensus on the fix :x They recommend uninstalling Raptr/Evolved if you don't use those, update your BIOS, and messing around with your power management options in the driver.

Hey Leebyn it's been a while.

I just updated to windows 10 and everything is good and updated
          (why is there a number 3 in here i didnt even put it :/)
          so I installed ATI tools under admin with UAC disabled and everything also installed the said .dll, I didn't get any BSOD or anything, but after making the profile for audition and start the game i don't get past after xtrap loads like it gets stuck there and doesn't respond so I have to cancel the loading, but that happens everytime LOL.

Spec:
          AMD FX-8370 CPU
          MSI Radeon RX480
          Win10 OS
          Last edited by highjacker15; 01-07-2017, 03:06 AM.
          We've come too far to give up who we are, so let's raise the bar and our cups to the stars

IGN: Jadonn
          Level: 6 (Bopper)
          Fam:
          Couple: Ellee
          Server: Free
          sigpic

Comment

• highjacker15
            highjacker15 commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually did that already, and for some reason not disabling overclock on install does not give me BS or any other notices.

• Leebyn
            Leebyn commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, I should've asked this before and I stupidly forgot, but are you using the standalone client from the Redbana website, or the Steam installation? I think there was some trouble running it with the Steam version before and I don't know if it was ever resolved.

• highjacker15
            highjacker15 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm using the standalone client, if you want we can do teamviewer session, and see for yourself?

Hi,
          I was wondering if you could help me. I have windows 10 and I followed through all the steps. However when I try to run ATI Tray, it keeps showing me an error that says "Can not load low level device driver. Please restart application!"

I tried multiple methods to go around that but so far none has worked.

I got Windows 10 btw, i didn't upgrade.
          Last edited by Alarm; 05-10-2017, 04:31 AM.
          Ign || Sah
          Fam || Leader of Polite

Comment

Originally posted by Alarm View Post
            Hi,
            I was wondering if you could help me. I have windows 10 and I followed through all the steps. However when I try to run ATI Tray, it keeps showing me an error that says "Can not load low level device driver. Please restart application!"

I tried multiple methods to go around that but so far none has worked.

I got Windows 10 btw, i didn't upgrade.
            Have you disabled UAC before installation and kept it off? Usually that will fix this error.

You can also try disabling UAC via registry - Windows+R run "regedit", navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System , right click on EnableLUA and modify the value to 0. You likely want to change it back (to value 1) after you're done troubleshooting Tray Tools, due to security reasons.

If that also doesn't help, which AMD driver Catalyst version do you have?

Leebyn Greentlover
            FB | Twitch | Tournament log | PM me about anything ^^ | Not a CA, Council is on hold.

Comment

Working...
            X