• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redbana Audition X-Patcher

Redbana X-Patcher
    by tgfcoder.

It's another way to patch and play!

X-Patcher is an improved patcher to make starting up Audition a breeze- it handles things like download resuming, integrity checks, useful reminders and messages about such things as maintenance, all while being sleek and fast. It can get you into the game with less hassle.

If you install it you can still use the normal patcher, and you can uninstall it whenever you want. In any case, your original patcher will still work perfectly.

If you don't have X-Patcher:
    Download & Install X-Patcher

If you do have it, it will notify you when an update it available and you can choose to update or not. To make X-Patcher load up faster, it will only check for updates once it's open- so to get a new update, open X-Patcher to check for updates, close it, then open it again to apply the update.

Instructions

Guide thread here: http://forums.redbana.com/showthread.php?t=60152

Run the setup file above to install X-Patcher. You can then start it from the Start Menu.
    You will have a shortcut to it on your Desktop as well, and rename it Redbana Audition if you like!

OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER: Neither I nor Redbana US Corp. are responsible for any damages, incidental or consequential, that arise from using this software. But if you need support, please let me know what I can do to help out.

Happy Auditioning!
    Last edited by tgfcoder; 09-03-2012, 08:45 AM.

X-Patcher is frequently updated. It's getting better, faster, and more user-friendly with every update. If there's something you would like to see in X-Patcher, or you have some kind of difficulty with it, please post here! I'd love to hear from you.
    Last edited by tgfcoder; 06-10-2011, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Cool o_o

Thanks
      Sorrow l 99 - Quit
      sigpic
      LoL - Auditiion (Active)

Comment

Too much time on your hands bruh.
        ∩_____∩ ______
        | ( ◡)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
        sigpic

IGN; Ayame, Faerie dunno which one I want to use
        Couple; Nick, my wonderful my cupcake <333
        Fam; Midnight
        League; Dynasty Ahri

Comment

Progress update: It is fully functional as far as I can tell. It downloads necessary patches, applies them and deletes them when required. If there is any errors it leaves the patches there until the problem is resolved then it can just apply them without the need to download them again, OR you can manually patch from there on.

It also doesn't necessarily need to be placed in the Audition directory like the official patcher does, although it's a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Ayame~ View Post
            Not enough time in rb's hands ):
            sigpic
            Ign: DATBUTT
            Lvl: 22
            Cpl: DATASS [Married 8/14/10]
            Fam: Pocky

♪♫ You Ain't Even My Girl~ ♪♫

Comment

This is what I do in my spare time .. Programming is my hobby.

I think I will be using this patcher from now on ... Double-clicking my Audition shortcut brings up this patcher now.

Comment

Originally posted by JRocker View Post
                Not enough time in rb's hands ):
                Didn't realize you knew what they were doing!

Originally posted by tgfcoder View Post
                This is what I do in my spare time .. Programming is my hobby.

I think I will be using this patcher from now on ... Double-clicking my Audition shortcut brings up this patcher now.
                Ok ...
                ∩_____∩ ______
                | ( ◡)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
                sigpic

IGN; Ayame, Faerie dunno which one I want to use
                Couple; Nick, my wonderful my cupcake <333
                Fam; Midnight
                League; Dynasty Ahri

Comment

If and when this is approved by the higher-ups, I will need some people to help me test it out, preferably those with Vista or Windows 7 operating systems, because they have User Account Control which I have not tested it with yet.

Although I highly doubt it will break your Audi installation, a backup can't hurt can it

In the event it does break, an error message will pop up with the cause of the problem. I would like screenshots of these

This patcher will not have to redownload the patches in the event of an error/internet dropout/blackout/computer crash.. this saves you a lot of time! (Especially if your internet is slow like mine.)
                  Last edited by tgfcoder; 12-08-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tgfcoder View Post
                    If and when this is approved by the higher-ups, I will need some people to help me test it out, preferably those with Vista or Windows 7 operating systems, because they have User Account Control which I have not tested it with yet.
                    I have Windows 7 and I'd be happy to help you test out your patcher if and when it gets approved. 8D

... If something happens to my computer though, I'm suing yooou. D8 loljk
                    sigpic
                    I only regret -you-.

Comment

Okay, awesome. I have a feeling it may need to be set as "Run as administrator" like how the official patcher is if UAC prevents overwriting Program Files stuff.

It shouldn't break anything, but in any case the tech staff are playing around with it.

Comment

THATS COOOOL! it'll help alot ^^

Comment

Update: Late night coding is usually a bad idea.

Embarrassing bugfix: FastZip.Overwrite.Never -> FastZip.Overwrite.Always

I blame AutoComplete..

Fixed!

ALSO: Patcher now skips any files called "Thumbs.db" ... to make your life just a bit easier
                          Last edited by tgfcoder; 12-10-2010, 03:03 AM.

Comment

I laughed like hell WHEN I READ THIS/c

Comment

Lol, yeah. I get that a lot. I like having a lot of time. But I never seem to have enough of it at the same time..

Also do you know what /c is for? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X