Clear All

it's so pretty jordan *______*
    and it's the only patcher that actually works on my computer <3

ignEquivocale / cplPublicity / co@Paranoid
    Deviant A r t ; Sig TUT ; Drawing TUT ; doo[dles]
    sigpic
    doodle blog

Comment

Thanks! Really? What's wrong with the original patcher?

Comment

actually I'm having errors with your patcher as well now :s

I'll open xpatcher and it'll say "Minor error on file AUDITION10054.zip: Cannot find central directory. Click OK to continue patching"

Then it'll patch..."apply" the patches, tell me there's an error, but then it lets me click start so I can start the game. Except when I try to access it through xpatcher or even the audi patcher it'll repatch me....and the cycle repeats

when it "finishes patching" it says "There was an error when applying the patches: End of Stream"
        Last edited by -EatChoco-; 01-29-2011, 09:49 PM.

sigpic
        doodle blog

Comment

Thanks for the report

Minor error on file AUDITION10054.zip: Cannot find central directory.
          Means the patcher died while downloading 10054. It'll re-get it.

"There was an error when applying the patches: End of Stream"
          Seems to indicate that there's something wrong with 10054, but it didn't pick it up
          earlier.

Can you go to C:\Program Files\Redbana\Audition and verify the file AUDITION10054.zip for me? It should be 27,754 KB and contain two folders, ABM and data. Tell me if there's any problems with this.

If so, just delete the zip file and let X-patcher patch. If it doesn't auto patch, do repatch from 10054.

Comment

mine is 27.1 mb and it won't let me look inside :s
            i tried doing that and it does the same thing except this time when I try to log in it says data/068.acv Can'tMakeMapViewFile! (Init)

sigpic
            doodle blog

Comment

Wow! Your X-Patcher works great. Some questions, though. Can you please answer them?

1) I already downloaded X-Patcher, but if it doesn't work for some reason, will I still be able to use the original patcher? [X]

2) Incase the X-Patcher has an error with a patch, can I still be able to repatch?

3) When I click on the setup icon on the screen that I pulled out, it downloads something when I press "Run". Then I get a pop-up from the X-Patcher saying to right-click the icon and press compatibility mode, etc. Then when I press Ok, it goes to the X-Patcher. Is that supposed to happen?

It runs smoothly, but will it affect my Audition in any way?

P.S. - It looks better than the original patcher, that's for sure!

@Edit: Oops, nevermind to answer question 1.
              Last edited by Luciana_12390; 01-29-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

How can I set this application to Run as Administrator. It's seeming that possibly because of the file type, there's no place to choose this. There is no compatibility tab in the program's properties. I run as an administrator account on my computer with UAC turned off, so it's not a problem for me. However, for someone else I was recommending this to, it poses an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by -EatChoco- View Post
                  mine is 27.1 mb and it won't let me look inside :s
                  i tried doing that and it does the same thing except this time when I try to log in it says data/068.acv Can'tMakeMapViewFile! (Init)
                  Yes, 068.acv was updated in 10054. Your zip file is corrupt. Please delete it and use REPATCH, and choose 10054. That should fix it and if not we can investigate further with AAUTools.

Originally posted by Luciana_12390 View Post
                  Wow! Your X-Patcher works great. Some questions, though. Can you please answer them?

1) I already downloaded X-Patcher, but if it doesn't work for some reason, will I still be able to use the original patcher? [X]

2) Incase the X-Patcher has an error with a patch, can I still be able to repatch?

3) When I click on the setup icon on the screen that I pulled out, it downloads something when I press "Run". Then I get a pop-up from the X-Patcher saying to right-click the icon and press compatibility mode, etc. Then when I press Ok, it goes to the X-Patcher. Is that supposed to happen?

It runs smoothly, but will it affect my Audition in any way?

P.S. - It looks better than the original patcher, that's for sure!

@Edit: Oops, nevermind to answer question 1.
                  Thanks! And of course.

1) Haha, I'll answer it anyway, yes, the patchers are completely independent. You can swap between them every time you play Audition if you like.
                  2) Yes. There may still be some small bugs I haven't found yet, so if you run into a problem, feel free to post here and I'll fix it up ASAP.
                  3) This message means that it had trouble creating a test file in the Audition directory so it concluded that it didn't have the rights to update the Audition game files (during a patch). It will still run and let you play Audition but it cannot patch until the rights are given.

And thanks -- you really like how it looks huh? That's great

Originally posted by dreamer911 View Post
                  How can I set this application to Run as Administrator. It's seeming that possibly because of the file type, there's no place to choose this. There is no compatibility tab in the program's properties. I run as an administrator account on my computer with UAC turned off, so it's not a problem for me. However, for someone else I was recommending this to, it poses an issue.
                  Thanks for your concern. The setup is "setup.exe" right? It should be able to run as administrator, unless setups automatically do that. I use XP mainly so I don't know for sure right now. However, it's always good to write that just in case..haha.
                  Last edited by tgfcoder; 01-30-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tgfcoder View Post
                    Thanks for your concern. The setup is "setup.exe" right? It should be able to run as administrator, unless setups automatically do that. I use XP mainly so I don't know for sure right now. However, it's always good to write that just in case..haha.
                    Can the application itself be set to run as admin or is the option only supposed to be available for the setup file? My girlfriend told me that when she runs the program, she gets a popup telling her to run it as administrator.

Comment

The program itself can be set to run as admin. The popup has instructions for doing so:

X-Patcher must be run as administrator in order to patch.
                      Right-click the application (you'll find it in the Start Menu) and then click Properties.
                      Click the Compatibility tab.
                      Select the Run this program as an administrator checkbox,
                      and then click OK.

Comment

Originally posted by tgfcoder View Post
                        The program itself can be set to run as admin. The popup has instructions for doing so:

X-Patcher must be run as administrator in order to patch.
                        Right-click the application (you'll find it in the Start Menu) and then click Properties.
                        Click the Compatibility tab.
                        Select the Run this program as an administrator checkbox,
                        and then click OK.
                        That's what I thought but there is no compatibility tab.

Comment

Oh, you're right. Since the new installation procedure I need to make the program UAC compatible. Hold on.

Comment

For now, if you want, you can disable User Account Control OR give the Redbana\Audition folder Full Control to All users and it should work.

Let me know if that works. I don't want to have to set my program to get admin rights because its a security "risk".
                            Last edited by tgfcoder; 01-30-2011, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Uh oh. I can't seem to get it to install and run since the new update.

Code:
                              Activation of http://jordan.trudgett.com/updates/xpatcher/XPatcher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
                              	+ The application binding data format is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2)
                              Windows 7 x64 BTW.

I hope you're proud of yourself!

Comment

Is there a "2.0" folder in "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps"?

Comment

Working...
                                X