• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Trap Errors and Possible Solutions

X-Trap Errors and possible solutions
    (forever a work in progress)
    suggested by Impetual

This is a compilation thread. Most error message examples and solutions were taken from threads posted in Technical Support, so I certainly cannot take credit for everything.

A few things to note:
    X-Trap errors may be shown in the language you set as the system “non-Unicode” language. So it might show up in Korean like this, but follow the error number in the “CODE FIELD” and you'll know what it says.

If you need help or if you run into an error not listed here, please feel free to post a reply to this thread. If possible please include a screenshot of the error message window as well as basic system specs (i.e. processor, graphics card, RAM, and operating system) and anything that you’ve already tried.
    Latest X-Trap Update: 29 September 2016
    my xtrap folder uploaded here

Currently testing:
    • Bandicam incompatibilty?
    • Secure boot + Windows 10

New error updates:

June 2016
    AVG Antivirus incompatibility prevents the game from loading

Older updates

-------------------------------------------------------

Common X-Trap Error messages for Audition
    In numerical order, click the code number for a screenshot example.

Code 02-0300-00000000-608
    "Some functions of the operating system are not working properly due to external program. Please, close any program which is affecting game client."

This error happens upon launch.

Problem: ??
    Solution: If you're trying to run Audition.exe itself, it won't work. Always launch the game via patcher. There isn’t a single solution that works for every case. See the following post for general solutions. If you get an "Application Error" window as well, it's more likely to be a program conflict (try disabling your antivirus program temporarily.)

Problem: Secure Boot
    Solution: If you are using a modern Windows operating system version (including Windows 8, 8.1, 10), check your UEFI/BIOS to disable "Secure Boot" setting. Secure Boot blocks unsigned operating systems from loading, which is a good security feature, but can interfere with booting older Windows versions or booting from USB. This can happen on motherboards which have Secure Boot enabled by default or on Asus motherboards with a recent update.

If you are already using CSM or legacy BIOS mode, this will not happen. If you installed Windows 8/8.1/10 in legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI, this will not happen.

-Credits to Kaddo for finding this solution, thanks!

Code 02-0400-00000000-518
    "Some functions of the operating system are not working properly due to external program. Please, close any program which is affecting game client."

May show up in-game or as you launch Audition.

Problem: A conflicting program is running (.exe)
    Solution: Find and close the “offending” program. It is usually listed on the actual X-Trap error window where it says “Tool Name”. If you open your Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del, or the faster Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and look under “Processes” you’ll be able to find it.
    You can also disable them from running at Windows bootup, but be careful not to disable important processes.
    Examples of conflicting programs: Maplestory, League of Legends (Garena), ATI Tray Tools, certain screen recording software programs (e.g. Fraps, CamStudio)

Code 05-0400-00000000-504
    "Please close any programs (Auto, Cheat, Crack, Debug program) and restart the system."

Shows up shortly after game launch.

Problem: Either you're using some sketchy third party tools or you have a driver incompatibility.
    Solution: If you are using AMD/ATI Graphics with ATI Tray Tools, and you still get this error, please delete your X-Trap folder and allow it to re-download and update.
    **This error is also triggered by the Android emulator "Andy". You can still play Audition with Andy running simultaneously by launching Andy first, exiting the HandyAndy application from your taskbar, and then launching Audition. However, do note that this might trigger adaptive v-sync (half refresh rate) in Audition (so for 60hz users, it'll be 30 frames per second instead of 60fps) if you don't have vertical sync. disabled.

(Resolved) v

Code 08-0400-00000000-507
    "Some functions of the operating system has been corrupted. Please, close any program which is affecting game client and restart the system."

This shows up at game launch.

Problem: Honestly, I'm not sure yet.
    Solution: Again, I'm not sure yet.
    I suspect it's a process conflict, not sure which as it happens on both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Try booting your computer without extra processes.
    Run msconfig (Windows key+R, type "msconfig", OK)
    In Services tab, check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box, and disable everything else (unless you're sure you need something.)
    In Startup tab, uncheck the boxes next to anything you don't need. If you're not sure what something is, you can expand the columns for their descriptions (or search them on google! lol). It's generally a good idea to uncheck anything that you don't need to run automatically anyways.

Code 08-0400-00000000-509
    "Some functions of the operating system has been corrupted. Please, close any program which is affecting game client and restart the system."

This will show up a few seconds after launch.

Problem: Running Audition via Steam (via “Add a non-Steam game to my library”)
    Solution: (If you are using the non-Steam game shortcut) Disable the Steam In-Game overlay, and then pray that X-Trap will be updated soon.
    You should use the official Audition Steam client if you like using Steam - that version doesn't cause an X-Trap error with the Steam overlay.

If you are not using Steam, check for any programs that may add an "overlay" to Audition. This includes fps counters, time overlays, system information overlays, chat overlays, etc. and disable that function while you are playing Audition. Examples include Game Booster, ATI Tray Tools, Xfire.

Code 08-0400-00000000-510 - [Source]

This will show up at launch.

Problem: Same as above?
    Solution: Same as above?

Code 08-0400-00000000-515
    "Some functions of the operating system has been corrupted. Please, close any program which is affected game client and restart the system."

Pretty much the same error as 02-0400-00000000-518 but instead of .exe programs, it complains about .dll library files.

Problem: A conflicting program is running (.dll library file)
    Solution: Find and close the offending program. It is usually listed on the actual X-Trap error window where it says “Tool Name.” You might have to search google for the listed .dll file as it might have a non-obvious file name in comparison to the program it’s used for.
    Examples: KERNEL32.dll (Windows 8 only), HydraDMH.dll from AMD Hydravision driver, GameCaptureHook.dll (from OBS and other direct method video capture programs), PCProtect from other seemingly malicious antivirus-like programs

If you don't know which program or process is using that specific .dll file, it may be useful to run a tasklist command.

Run a command prompt (press Windows key+R, type "cmd", OK) and type
    Code:
    tasklist /m whatever.dll
    (replace whatever.dll with the name of the .dll listed under "Tool Name") and hit enter. See if anything shows up.

Code 080-0400-00000000-535 [Source - Thanks 123roxas]
    "Some functions of the operating system has been corrupted. Please, close any program which is affected game client and restart the system."

Same as above

Problem: X-Trap does not support Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Solution: If you are using the Technical Preview or early beta, try to update your Windows 10 version. X-Trap is compatible with the official Windows 10 launch.

Code 08-0400-00000000-544 [Source]

Same as above above

Problem: One of the new Windows updates is conflicting with X-Trap.
    Solution: Try to uninstall Windows 8 update labeled KB3000850. It's a fairly large one and prompts a computer restart afterwards.
    If that doesn't work, you might need older DirectX files located here. Otherwise, you might need to reinstall DirectX and/or Windows.

Code 10-0300-00002EFE-147 and other similar numbers that start with 10-
    "The access to X-Trap patch server is unstable or X-Trap update wasn’t able to run properly. Please, restart game."

Happens when you launch the game, it looks different from the other X-Trap errors.

Problem: X-Trap has trouble updating itself.
    Solution: Try again after a few minutes, it might be a momentary error. If it keeps happening, check your internet connection to make sure it’s not slow speed or high latency. Try turning off your firewall temporarily. If it works with your firewall off, you might have to whitelist the X-Trap process. Also try temporarily disabling your antivirus.
    If you're using an older version of Windows (especially XP), make sure you are current with Windows updates.
    If you still cannot connect, you can try to reset your Internet Options/Internet Explorer (even if you don't use IE!)

(Windows 7 instructions, should be similar in other Windows versions though)
    Open your Internet Options. You can find it either in your Control Panel (under Network and Internet if you view by Category) or in Internet Explorer via the gear icon in the top right hand side or the top menu bar under "Tools" (hit the Alt key if you don't see it.)
    Go to Advanced tab, and click the "Reset..." button near the bottom. It'll run a small window and check off a few lines, and then it will run a command prompt window briefly. It might ask you to set up Internet Explorer again but you can close it.

Code 13-0400-00000000-501
    "The game client/launcher is running at compatible mode. Please, unselect the compatible mode and restart game."

This happens upon launch. I haven’t seen it in a while so I’m not sure if it still happens, but including for completeness.

Problem: You have Audition.exe running in compatible mode. You do NOT need to use Windows XP or Windows 7 compatible mode to run Audition in Windows 7 or 8/8.1 or 10.
    Solution: Right click on Audition.exe in the program files folder, “Properties”, look in the “Compatibility” tab and uncheck the “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”.

Code 13-0400-00000000-502
    "The game client/launcher is running at compatible mode. Please, unselect the compatible mode and restart game."

I think this error only happens in a virtual machine / linux. Basically it can’t run.

Problem: You’re not using Windows.
    Solution: Use Windows.

Code 30-0400-00000000-523
    "The game execute file is not normal or an abnormal memory access has been detected."

This one shows up usually in game and kicks you off.

Problem: While watching a replay.
    Solution: Play along with the arrow keys. You don’t have to hit them accurately, just type random arrows if you want lol. See RaveWolf's thread for more information.

Problem: Using perfect chance (doesn’t always trigger)
    Solution: Avoid using perfect chance, especially if you are doing story or license. That’s where it seems to happen the most.

--

Edit log
    6 August 2014: first draft
    30 August 2014: updated some solutions
    6 September 2014: updated for ATI Tray Tools error, Windows 8.1 KERNEL error
    x September 2014: added info about patcher/Audition.exe
    15 October 2014: added Android emulator compatibilty issues
    24 November 2014: added DirectX 9 system error
    8 December 2014: Steam greenlight wooooo, d3d9 update
    17 December 2014: updated for ATI Tray Tools error, Windows 8.1 KERNEL error (AGAIN, finally!)
    17 January 2015: New Intel driver conflict\
    29 March 2015: NewER Intel graphics driver no longer conflicts. Confirmed in 7+8.1. Windows 10 not compatible?
    moar text
    April 2015: Confirmed Windows 10 not compatible.
    11 May 2015: d3d9 strikes again

25 May 2015: Adding narod.ru source.
    Added AuditionPVS source
    14 June 2015: added another fix for 10-xxxx-xxxxxxxx-xx error
    31 July 2015: Windows 10 launch warning
    5 August 2015: Windows 10 should work.
    2 August 2016: AVG Antivirus incompatibility, game overlay definitions changed within the past several months lol
    9 September 2016: Windows Secure Boot causing X-Trap error
    19 September 2016: cleaning the updates, new testing
    and more

Systems used to troubleshoot Audition:
    1: Desktop: Intel Core processor, NVIDIA GTX/ATI Radeon/Intel HD graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium/Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    2: Notebook: Intel Core processor, ATI Mobility Radeon graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    3: Tablet: Intel Atom processor, Intel graphics, Windows 8 32 bit

If you have a different system, your experience might be slightly different but I will do my best to help you!
    Last edited by Leebyn; 09-29-2016, 06:56 AM.

Leebyn Greentlover
    FB | Twitch | Tournament log | PM me about anything ^^ | Not a CA, Council is on hold.

More Audition related X-Trap errors
    which may or may not be helpful.. X-Trap varies slightly from game to game.

Most of these solutions are from their respective sources and merely recopied here. Used google translate for some rough translations.

Translated from Russian
    Source: Audition 2 - narod.ru

Audition 2 is technically a different game, but this website had a good X-Trap error list.

Translated from Thai
    Source: AuditionPVS - auditionpvs.com

AuditionPVS is similar to Redbana Audition, so these should be pretty close. Some of these I've never seen before, but I'll include for completeness.

Last edited by Leebyn; 05-25-2015, 10:56 PM.

Leebyn Greentlover
    FB | Twitch | Tournament log | PM me about anything ^^ | Not a CA, Council is on hold.

Comment

Programs confirmed to conflict with X-Trap
      (in no particular order, probably will be alphabetical)
      • Andy (android emulator)
      • AVG Antivirus
      • League of Legends (Garena only)
      • Lavasoft security programs
      • Maplestory (Nexon) - not anymore?
      • Open Broadcaster Software (Game Capture only, you must use Window or Monitor capture)
      • QS/1 background services (pharmacy program lol)
      • Raptr overlay
      • Sandboxie - not anymore as of August 2016
      • Talktalk overlay (Garena)
      • World in Audition EN (rarely triggers, but it does happen) - this particular server shutdown, unsure if other WIA versions have same issue.

X-Trap errors found in other games
      which may or may not be helpful.. X-Trap varies slightly from game to game.

See this thread from Cabal

General solutions to try if the solutions listed above don't work
      (in order of increasing hassle / annoyance)
      1. Run the patcher.exe and Audition.exe as administrator if you are not using an administrator account.
      2. Turn off any unnecessary background programs.
      3. Delete (or move) the X-Trap folder and let it download again.
      4. Disable firewalls or antivirus programs that may be blocking X-Trap (or whitelist X-Trap and Audition).
      5. Update drivers that may be outdated; this includes graphics and any internet adapters (e.g. wireless cards, NICs)
      6. Reinstall the game.
      7. Use a system restore point from before you ran into this issue.
      8. Reformat your computer (don't bother unless you're desperate.)
      Last edited by Leebyn; 09-29-2016, 06:57 AM.

Leebyn Greentlover

Comment

Your(re) AWESOME!
        Last edited by Impetual; 08-07-2014, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Nah, you're awesome. Thanks for the suggestion and your contributions!

• Impetual
          Impetual commented
          Editing a comment
          I fixed it , anyways. Leebyn is this thread gonna have updates for future references?

On Code 02-0400-00000000-518, you might wanna just disable them when window's starts. I think that's for advance only, because you could mess the system up when you disable certain things on start up windows.

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course it'll be updated. Noted, thanks.

Nice job, Lee

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, hopefully this will be useful to someone :)

Your senpai is proud of you. My blood. Isn't it like second time.
        getting fu---- by an egg..
        ..that's live.

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Senpai noticed me

So still waiting for guitar master fix
        UpBeat (2010)
        SpecialA & 4tier (2010~2011)
        Piggy & Nexus (2011~2013)

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think that's an X-Trap error, but noted.

I had to re-install Audition yesterday because i had some problems with my PC. Im using Windows 7 Ultimate now. When i now open Audition, it gets stuck on the patcher. The patcher window opens but nothing happens. X-Trap does not start and i also cant even find an X-Trap folder on my pc. Any help would be appreciated !

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh I see, I thought maybe it would just get stuck on downloading from your original description. Can you reach this link at all? If you can, it's not a connection problem.
          There's an X-Trap folder download on the manual patch page I linked previously, you can try that one I guess, but the X-Trap check occurs after launch from patcher. If that doesn't work, see my PM.
          Last edited by Leebyn; 09-21-2014, 07:19 AM.

• omgkeppy
          omgkeppy commented
          Editing a comment
          Everythings working fine now after a friend helped me re-installing it again after turning all the antivirus stuff and such off. The patcher downloaded xtrap and everything works now. Thanks for the help ^^

• Impetual
          Impetual commented
          Editing a comment
          What Anti-virus are you using o.O Holy cow, anyways good job! Still don't recommend doing that though.

I can't Unistall KB3000850. I keep getting at the very end and error saying could not fully unistall program?

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm, you might have newer updates that depend on that update package. Are you getting the d3d9.dll X-Trap error in Windows 8.1 still? I thought that was fixed, but maybe I'm wrong.

yes till getting it and it keeps me from playing sd gundam capsule fighter. I been at this for 3 days? I don't know what to do anymore

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          You might want to report it to that game's forums or support. Each game actually has a slightly different version of X-Trap, so it might be fixed for Audition but not SD Gundam Capsule Fighter.

As for uninstalling KB3000850, you can try to do a system restore (it'll roll back your Windows but keep all your files intact)
          To restore your PC to an earlier point in time

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
          (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.

Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.

Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.
          or you can try doing a hard reboot (hold shift when you click Restart) and then mashing F8 when it starts back up to access the Advanced Boot Options and do a system restore that way.

I keep getting this error and I don't see any tips on fixing it on here is it new?

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right, I don't have one listed with that exact number. Are you using Windows 8 (or 8.1)? We had some trouble before with KERNEL32.dll with certain Windows updates; have you applied any major updates recently?

Thanks for the report.

All I can think of is having Windows 10 Technical Preview on

Comment

• 123roxas
          123roxas commented
          Editing a comment
          but its still windows 8.1 cause they havent made MMO's compatibly to windows 10 yet and they still work so I think its just a preview build where it changed the layout of my computer but kept the operating system but when the actual windows 10 comes out im updating to it

Code: 08-0400-00000000-507

Some functions of the operating system have been corrupted. Please, close any program which is affecting game client and restart the system.

I have windows 8, but I tried reinstalling, uninstalling, and it still doesn't work.

Pleasee helpp!

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry I don't have much insight on that one. I suspect the error is exactly what it says - there's a program or background process that's running that's conflicting with X-Trap. Ideally, the name of that program/process would be on the X-Trap error window but in this -507 error it's usually blank... You can do some trial and error to close processes because I don't know which one exactly.
          You're the third person who's asked me about this error, one of the others is using Windows 7 so at least we know it's not Windows 8 related (most likely.) Maybe an antivirus program?

I have the same problem as the poster above. I already made exception for my antivirus program, I started the game direcly also as administrator...closed all application that are not necessary for running my computer. I have Windows 7 and there should be no problems with the hardware...

Comment

• Dorkly
          Dorkly commented
          Editing a comment
          Try to run a virus scan.

• Essygames
          Essygames commented
          Editing a comment
          I already tried to list it as acception....I even turned my antivirus completely off. I will now try if its the firewall =/ else I really have no clue. I never had problems back then, when Audition EU existed.

Another thing I tried is to run it with an "older version" of Windows. You can change that if you right-click the exe.file....the default setting were set on Windows XP and not on Windows 7....I changed that, but it still didn't work

Leebyn can you help me? i having an xtrap error code 507, and i don't know how to solve this error. I try all the way to fix the problem, and yet still cannot play it can you help me Leebyn

Comment

• Leebyn
          Leebyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, I don't know what specifically causes that one unless the process name is listed on the error message. What programs/processes do you have running? Are you on Windows 7 or 8?
      Working...
      X