Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Install Windows 7 in Intel's Sky Lake and Baby Lake architecture.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Install Windows 7 in Intel's Sky Lake and Baby Lake architecture.

Sky Lake is the 6th gen of the Intel CPU Series.
    Kaby Lake is the 7th gen of the Intel CPU Series.

Are you troubled by your Windows 10 decreasing your FPS in Audition Dance Battle Online?
    No worries, your hero is here for you, I will be explaining how to change your operating system to Windows 7 in these processors of an increased performance.

Windows has blocked installation for these processors in any operating system earlier than Windows 10, however, they still made Chipset drivers for these, but you cannot install the operative system without a PS/2 Keyboard or Mouse since USB Ports (Chipset) is not compatible with the Installation of the Operative System.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS IF YOU HAVE INTEGRATED INTEL GRAPHICS AS YOU CANNOT INSTALL DRIVERS FOR THESE IN WINDOWS 7.

1st Guide.

1. "Buy" a Windows 7 CD.
    2. Buy a PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse.

3. Install using the PS/2 components.
    4. Succeed.
    5. Stop Windows Update.
    6. Install Chipset Drivers.

2nd Guide using USB Bootable.

1. Download the program listed on the Video.
    2. Direct it to where you Installed your USB Bootable.
    3. Install Windows 7 with a normal USB Mouse/Keyboard.
    4. Succeed!
    5. Stop Windows Update.
    6. Install Chipset Drivers.
    sighs

Wait, why do you need all of these? I installed Skylake on (TPB) *cough* and it installed with no problem.

I am a leader, not a God. But a Goddess
    c.

Comment

Originally posted by Printemps View Post
      Wait, why do you need all of these? I installed Skylake on (TPB) *cough* and it installed with no problem.
      From what I understand, Windows 7 doesn't have native USB 3.0 support, and some Skylake + newer mobos don't have USB 2.0 ports anymore. So if you try to install from USB media on USB 3.0 it will get partway through installation and fail. Same thing with keyboard/mouse on USB 3.0 port.

Actually I've run into a similar problem with my Z87 board too. I couldn't get through W7 recovery mode if I have anything plugged into USB 3.0 even though my keyboard is in a 2.0 port. Weird but that's why I keep a PS/2 keyboard around.

Leebyn Greentlover
      FB | Twitch | Tournament log | PM me about anything ^^

Comment

• Printemps
        Printemps commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s weird I installed mine on my Skylake z170 MSI just like how I would install. I used Rufus for my w7 installation with UEFI+GPT partition and it installed just fine. It’s also a USB 3.0. Maybe because I used windows 7 sp1 iso

• Noden
        Noden commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems u got lucky. because a lot of people actually have that problem when installing Win7/8 with sky lake and baby lake.
    Working...
    X