This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't we use reputation?

So people have suggested before to get something like a thanks button on forums for posts, etc. So I was looking in the FAQ and we can already have reputation points on here.... Why don't we use this?

What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.

Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.
    I love Jackee

Ohhh this is a feature on VBulletin I've seen this on my Counter-Strike Source Community website that my friend set up [It's dead now] but I like this :P

Comment

I guess this would be alright. But meh is it really needed?
      TNT

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
        I guess this would be alright. But meh is it really needed?
        Well it just depends. It's not needed, but it is a nice feature to have on forums and a lot of other ones have it. It's just I've seen threads for getting a 'thanks' button on forums more than once and thought I'd post this seeing as it was a very doable option to get something like that on here.
        I love Jackee

Comment

idm this feature, +1
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chomby View Post
            Well it just depends. It's not needed, but it is a nice feature to have on forums and a lot of other ones have it. It's just I've seen threads for getting a 'thanks' button on forums more than once and thought I'd post this seeing as it was a very doable option to get something like that on here.
            Ah, okay. I've seen the thanks button in other forums before. c;
            TNT

Comment

itd be an interesting feature. why not ?
              +1

Comment

I don't think it really hurts lol

+1 cause kels suggested

doe..
                what if people just purposely give you negative rep

fiftyone ⋆ camars ⋆ Jokerlife ⋆ Cus&Kurasa

⋆ signatures ⋆

Comment

why not, +1

{ POOH THE }

Comment

ok just saying now i didn't read the quote

+1 if it's only a positive rep. if there's negatives there will be a lot of haters

Comment

sure why not

at all the bad reputation I would get
                      I'm a born hater.
                      insta

Comment

too much work don tneed it forums is dead anyways O_O) only my stupid threads is giving it some pulse
                        sigpic
                        LoL: Alphard l Neopets: Miyabiii
                        I love Matt Turtle ♥

Comment

They'll have to upgrade, and that requires money. RB is already struggling with the patches, so -1!

Comment

i don't really mind as long as they don't say they added rep to forums so we should be patient for the next update or something +/- 1

if you implement a thanks system there's no negative thanks you either thank someone or you don't. if you implement a reputation system you either +1 or -1 so that one would have negative rep.
                            Jinx | Lindt | Piggy

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjja View Post
                              They'll have to upgrade, and that requires money. RB is already struggling with the patches, so -1!
                              this, and also, this would just be used to throw shade at people who aren't popular amongst the other forumers. -1

People on here aren't mature enough for this. They will give negative rep to people just based off of their feelings for the person so what's the point? It doesn't really do anything for anyone, aside from people like tgfcoder who post useful guides which can be stickied or just put into that section.

My IGN is Hidan

Comment

Working...
                              X