This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned for Harassment

No. I have not been banned for harassment, but some other players have been due to the abuse of the harassment policy redbana has in place. Three people have been banned, two unrightly so, the other one questionably. And it's all from the same person abusing the policy and using it to their advantage. This is not a thread to complain, but rather I want to prevent this from continuing.

Currently when someone gets banned for harassment there is first a warning sent to the registered email for their account, and on a second write up a 3 day ban.

First off I think their should be a grace period after the first warning of 3-4 days. Enough time to have someone change their behavior, or in the case of the three bannees recently, time to make sure they don't say anything that can be construed or twisted to seem like harassment.

Secondly, they should be able to tell their side of the story (with screen shots, etc.). At least see the evidence presented against them, if they can counter it with anything they should have the chance to do so. Harrasment is RARELY one way.

I think that's the most crucial part, with the system in place it is way to easy to abuse it. Bannee's don't have a chance to defend themselves, and they are banning based on weak evidence. It is way to easy for someone to play the victim even if they aren't. (Or possibly BOTH people have been the victim of harassment both ways)

. This needs to stop it's getting outrageous.

Edit: I think people reporting about harassment, who have been previously banned for misconduct or harassment themselves, should not be able to get someone auto banned. Their reports should be looked at more closely and actually investigated.

2nd Edit; Also the warning that is issued to the email should really be issued to inboxes in game. People rarely use the emails they register with.
    Last edited by Chomby; 12-23-2012, 07:41 AM.
    I love Jackee

O_O I never heard or someone banned for harassment
    +1 to grace period
    but to tell their side they need evidence to counter, not just word of mouth (unless that's what you mean)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Likoriona View Post
      O_O I never heard or someone banned for harassment
      +1 to grace period
      but to tell their side they need evidence to counter, not just word of mouth (unless that's what you mean)
      Yes I do mean evidence to counter, not just word of mouth, but if they don't have any evidence that's also not their fault.. but you can't really do anything about that.
      I love Jackee

Comment

Originally posted by Chomby View Post
        No. I have not been banned for harassment, but some other players have been due to the abuse of the harassment policy redbana has in place. Three people have been banned, two unrightly so, the other one questionably. And it's all from the same person abusing the policy and using it to their advantage. This is not a thread to complain, but rather I want to prevent this from continuing.

Currently when someone gets banned for harassment there is first a warning sent to the registered email for their account, and on a second write up a 3 day ban.

First off I think their should be a grace period after the first warning of 3-4 days. Enough time to have someone change their behavior, or in the case of the three bannees recently, time to make sure they don't say anything that can be construed or twisted to seem like harassment.

Secondly, they should be able to tell their side of the story (with screen shots, etc.). At least see the evidence presented against them, if they can counter it with anything they should have the chance to do so. Harrasment is RARELY one way.

I think that's the most crucial part, with the system in place it is way to easy to abuse it. Bannee's don't have a chance to defend themselves, and they are banning based on weak evidence. It is way to easy for someone to play the victim even if they aren't. (Or possibly BOTH people have been the victim of harassment both ways)

. This needs to stop it's getting outrageous.

To be honest, I think that if you have been banned, or have strikes on your account, you should not even be able to report a user. People are being wrongfully reported by the same user, over and over again without any evidence, or as stated, very weak evidence. The people who get banned aren't even presented the evidence, to see what they did wrong, and it is very easy to photoshop pictures nowadays. Many people have been wrongfully banned this past week who I happen to be friends with including myself, so I feel like we're being targeted for no apparent reason other than resentment. There needs to be light shed on these incidents immediately, and the people need a chance to either explain themselves, or present evidence in their favour. As previously stated, harassment is never a one side story, there is always two sides to it. But 4 players getting banned all in the same week from the same person? Wouldn't that be considered a form of harassment and bullying to the person reporting? This is getting outrageous, and needs to change.
        ♥ Jas ♡

sigpic

♡My love for you is eternal ♥

Comment

You're not really supposed to discuss your ban either

sigpic

Comment

You're not really supposed to discuss your ban either
            If you've been wrongfully banned, I do believe that you should be able to, and have a chance to provide evidence.
            ♥ Jas ♡

sigpic

Comment

I was just saying because usually the GMs say something, or at least from what I've seen

sigpic

Comment

I was just saying because usually the GMs say something, or at least from what I've seen
                In all honesty, I understand what you're saying, but as previously stated, the rules of "harassment" reporting need to change, because from what I've seen through SS's of friends, and myself, none of us have said anything that would even be close to considered harassment or misconduct. So technicly, we're not really discussing any specific players ban, just the banning going on in general.
                ♥ Jas ♡

sigpic

Comment

They ask you to file a support ticket, discussing the wrongful banning yes, but once you mentioned yourself though, that's where it becomes the issue for the GM's. I'm not trying to argue, just pointing out they ask you to bring it up with them not the public. Carry on

sigpic

Comment

They ask you to file a support ticket, discussing the wrongful banning yes, but once you mentioned yourself though, that's where it becomes the issue for the GM's. I'm not trying to argue, just pointing out they ask you to bring it up with them not the public. Carry on
                    They won't tell you anything in the tickets. They keep it short, they don't like to discuss it. I've tried to have discussions with them before. Something needs to be done about this, the banning policies are being abused overall, not just with harassment also.
                    I love Jackee

Comment

According to this:

Originally posted by Dozens
                      VIII. Public Discussion of Account Violations
                      Forum members may not post any discussions concerning account warnings, suspensions, or terminations for violations of the Redbana Rules and Guidelines. If you feel that you are wrongly accused, or did not violate these rules in any way, please contact a Game Master, or Forum Moderator.
                      You need to discuss the matter with GMs/mods through the ticket system, bans and violations should not be discussed in public forums. Btw you guys can PM us CAs if you feel like there's a barrier of communication, we're here to help~

I hope cases like this will be treated with due care~

Comment

Originally posted by tgfcoder View Post
                        According to this:

You need to discuss the matter with GMs/mods through the ticket system, bans and violations should not be discussed in public forums. Btw you guys can PM us CAs if you feel like there's a barrier of communication, we're here to help~

I've tried jordan. THEY'VE tried. You get nothing out of the GMs. The system needs a total rework.
                        I love Jackee

Comment

I'm talking about in the public forum, the thread will normally get closed, petition for a better system like you are is fine. It's when you use yourself as example that the thread gets locked, closed, deleted, or the Gms tell you to talk to them

Originally posted by tgfcoder View Post

edit: ty Jordan, I didn't want this thread to get closed or anything because they were talking about it

sigpic

Comment

I'm talking about in the public forum, the thread will normally get closed, petition for a better system like you are is fine. It's when you use yourself as example that the thread gets locked, closed, deleted, or the Gms tell you to talk to them

edit: ty Jordan, I didn't want this thread to get closed or anything because they were talking about it
                            I don't want this getting closed either. I think we're all just at a level of frustration where we need things to stop becoming so ridiculous and have some action done. The banning system is very flawed right now, and somethings gotta change.
                            I love Jackee

Comment

Actually, from what I know. A good amount of people got banned today, whether it's temporary or permanent. Some of it was justice
                              But I don't really know much about this case, so I can't say much. So I'm kind of just happy, that they're actually starting to ban and take action again.

But I think in harassment cases, you're not allowed to defend yourself or say anything in defense for yourself or others, I think you have to go straight to the gms or whatever. From what I see and experienced.

But definitely +1 to the part of the person being a harasser and breaking so many rules themselves. I've got warned for harassment (more like for defending myself) months ago, cause the same person reported me. If my assumption is right

Good luck on fighting this case.
                              I love Jose
                              Credits to Alfred

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X